Icon to speak at PSD2 techUK event
London, 27 March 2017, Tom Hay, Icon’s Head of Payments will speak at the forthcoming techUK event: PSD2 Authentication…the rumours, facts, challenges and solutions on 3rd April, London
Last month, saw the release of PSD2 Final RTS: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. A whitepaper from Icon Solutions’ PSD2 expert Tom Hay, where he shared his interpretation of the standards and the key things you need to know to meet your PSD2 obligations and beyond.
Following on from this whitepaper, Tom Hay, has been invited to speak at the teckUK event on Implementing the RTS: Black Holes and Reservations. Tom is a leading contributor to the world of instant payments, and offers a wealth of experience having been involved in many global solutions.
For more information on the event and how to register, please see below.
PSD2 Authentication…the rumours, facts, challenges and solutions
Date: Monday, 3rd April
Time: 1.30 – 4.30pm
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride Street, EC4A 4AD
The shadow of PSD2, due to come into force in January 2018, is now looming large over the banking and payments industry. The associated Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS), delegated to the European Banking Authority, will mandate compliance with new stringent ‘strong customer authentication’ rules, which may change the way consumers make online payments. Join us at this event on PSD2 authentication, aimed at shedding much-needed light on the PSD2 and the RTS rules. Intercede and techUK have come together to offer a day of presentations, conversation and networking opportunities.
- Introduction – Setting the scene and introducing the event context. Rory Gray, Global Sales Director, Intercede
- Implementing the RTS: Black Holes and Reservations. Tom Hay, Head of Payments, Icon Solutions
- The importance of User Experience and how this may define success. Nick Mothershaw, Director of Strategy, Fraud & Identity, Experian
- What do Banks and Service Providers have to do and how might it be done? Allen Storey, Chief Product Officer, Intercede
- The Need for SCA under PSD2 – Transaction Risk Analysis. Tim Richards, Principal Consultant, Consult Hyperion
- What are the legal challenges and implications of PSD2 Authentication to service providers in the Banking, Financial Services and E-commerce sectors? Sophie Lessar, Managing Associate, Financial Services, Simmons & Simmons LLP
- Summary and key learnings. Rory Gray
- Refreshments and Networking
To register your interest, visit the event page here.
CCgroup for Icon Solutions
T: +44 203 824 9200
About Icon Solutions
Icon is an independent award winning IT payment consultancy and specialist technology provider serving global financial institutions. From IT strategy, architecture and design, to project delivery and software development, Icon enables institutions to rapidly capitalise on the latest innovative technology and market drivers to reduce costs, boost revenues, and ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards.
Icon’s critical advantage is having the combination of consultancy skills, project delivery experience and a deep expert knowledge of both technology and the financial services domain, evidenced by longstanding client relationships with global blue chip clients.
Instrumental in helping financial institutions efficiently deploy Faster Payments services in the UK, Icon’s world class advisory team has a proven track record and unparalleled payments knowledge.
To find out more, visit: artdivision327.wpengine.com